What Is Black Mold?
Special reports warning about the dangers of toxic and black mold proliferate various news networks on a rotating basis. These reports can be misleading, making it essential to remain calm and take the time to learn more about mold and the many different types which exist in nature. Not all black-colored mold carries highly potent chemical elements. Treat any mold with caution – stay out of affected areas and do not touch or disturb the mold. Always contact SERVPRO of Freehold immediately to mitigate mold from your home or business as quickly and effectively as possible. Our expert technicians are trained to remediate mold in a safe and timely manner.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Freehold immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (732) 431-4440
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Freehold is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Cream Ridge